SeeMyDoha is brought to you in collaboration with SeeMyCity. Founded by Marianne Hope, SeeMyCity is a Dutch city marketing project based on advanced and creative mobile photography and social media.
How does it work?
Use your smartphones to show us your creative Doha. Share your best photos on Instagram and tag #SeeMyDoha2016
Submit as many pictures as you want throughout the duration of the contest.
Running from October 1st 2016 to end of June 2017, pictures tagged #SeeMyDoha2016 on Instagram will automatically qualify and be nominated for prizes.
Prizes for winners
One winner, One prize. A trip to Oman for 2 including 2 nights in a 5 star hotel.
2 nominees every month.
All nominated pictures will be exhibited at the SeeMyDoha photo exhibition slated for October, dates and venues to be advised.
The winner will be announced during the opening of the exhibition.
Mobile photography workshop
Sign up for our mobile photography workshops and learn the "do's and don'ts" of taking pictures with a smartphone.
This year we offer three different levels of workshops. Theory training beginner- and advanced level as well as a practical training in smaller groups.
The workshops will be given by SeeMyCity members Jeroen Moor, Dirk Bakker and Marianne Hope.
The workshops are all free-of-charge thanks to Jaidah Automotive. Pre-registration is required due to the anticipated demand and limited available space.
Theory workshop 1 – Beginners level
● Basic photography theory and beginner level photo editing training
Theory workshop 2 – advanced level
● Time: 12:30 pm to 2:30 pm
● Photography theory and editing training for those with prior experiences in mobile photography
● Time: 3:30 pm to 5:30 pm
● Up to 3 groups of each 6 participants
● SeeMyCity photographers will provide practical training and give hands-on support to attendees throughout the planned photo walks
● Attendees will be transported to photography destination (Al Hazm mall)
Have a question?
Visit our Facebook page to ask and find out more.